TRANSPARENCY IN COVERAGE RULE
In November of 2020, the Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and the Treasury implemented a Transparency in Coverage Rule that requires health insurers and employer self-insured health plans to provide a member-facing price comparison tool.
By accessing the following link mrfdata.hmhs.com you will receive information regarding in-network negotiated payment rates and historical out-of-network charges for covered items and services, including prescription drugs.
Employees are able to obtain the information by searching via Employer Identification Number (EIN) by using the Ctrl+F feature.
• Brower types/versions that can support system requirements can include Chrome -Version 99.0.4844.74 • Edge - Version 99.0.1150.39 • Firefox - Version 98.0.1
• Internet bandwidth - Greater than 100 MBPS
• RAM - A minimum of 8 GB
• Internal storage – A minimum of 1 TB
• Pop up Blockers – Ensure pop up blockers are disabled to allow for all the INN/OON files to be downloaded successfully
• Opening .gz extension files – Opensource tool 7Zip required to extract/decompress the .gz format files
• Due to the number and size of files being posted it can take up to 5 minutes for the page to load.