CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA COMMUNITY ACTION, INC.
Helping People, Changing Lives
Agency Background:Community Action was initially established on November 14, 1965 and was incorporated as Central Pennsylvania Community Action, Inc. (CPCA) on December 14, 1967.
The organization embarked on providing services to families and individuals with low to moderate incomes in Centre and Clearfield counties. Today, we have five outreach office locations: Clearfield, Bellefonte, Houtzdale, Philipsburg and Millheim. With locations throughout the two counties, CPCA is able to provide our programs and services to the communities, families and individuals we support.
Strengthening communities in Centre and Clearfield Counties by helping families and individuals to become self-sufficient.
Services:Last year, CPCA served over 16,000 unduplicated individuals through our vast array of services.
CPCA's primary services include housing services, rental housing, case management, food services, heating and utility assistance, employment and training, consumer information and referral, and transportation services.
The following programs and services are offered through the following programs in Centre and/or Clearfield:
- Weatherization, Crisis and LIHEAP emergency services
- HOME Rehabilitation
- Earned Income Tax Program (EITC)
- Prom Closet
- Housing Assistance Program (HAP or RAP)
- Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP)
- Work Ready Program
- PA WORKWEAR
- State Food Purchase Program - 18 Food Pantries
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- Congregate Meal Program - Houtzdale
- Customer Assistance Program (CAP) - Allegheny Power, Penelec and UGI
- First Time Home Buyer Counseling
- Assets for Independence
- Transitional Housing Assistance Grant
- Neighbor for Neighbor
- Homeless Prevention, Rapid Re-Housing Program
- Aaronsburg Thrift Store
- Houtzdale Community Closet
- Human Service Development Fund (HSDF)
- Home Delivered Meals
- Homemaker Services
- Life Skills Education
- Housing Counseling
- Case Management
- Home Heating Savings Account program
- HOME Ownership
- Lawrence Park Village
- Park Avenue Towers
- Moshannon Valley Apartments
- Leonard Court Apartments
- Scattered site housing throughout both Clearfield and Centre counties
- Farmer's Market Vouchers program
The services of Central PA Community Action, Inc. are financed (in part) by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
*Please contact us if you would like any information on our programs and services.
1-800-822-2610 or 1-814-765-1551
Printable document is here
This site was financed in part by a grant from the federal Department of Health and Human Services under
the Administration of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development.